I have had a few conversations with friends about data security and access breaches to their Facebook accounts. It seems that a lot of people are worried about it but have no clue as to what to do to make sure they have an upper hand, if it was the case, if your accounts got hacked. There are things any non techie human can do from the get-go to minimize risks.
1. Open two Facebook pages on your browser. One for reading this post and the other to do the changes you need to do.
2. To the right of the notification’s icon (the small world image) you will find a small triangle. Click on the tiny triangle to the right of the lock.
Facebook Notification World Icon
3. Go to the “Settings” option.
Go to Settings
Go to “Security”. There you will find your Security Settings.
4. Click on “Login Alerts” to get an IMMEDIATE alert when anyone (that is not you) logs into your account from another mobile device, desktop, city, country, area, even another browser.”
Click on Login Alerts
5. On this section (Security Settings), select your settings as follows:
6. Click on “Get notifications”
7. Click on “Email login alerts”
8. Click on “Text login alerts to YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBER”
9. Click on “Save the Changes”
With these settings you will get notified RIGHT AWAY if someone broke into your account from anywhere else other than yourself. It will only take you a few minutes.
Let us know if you need a professional web presence. We work with all budgets and guarantee our work
Online Presence Expert at Pronetwork